Old August 1st, 2015, 10:16 PM  
lliam
Awesome Poster

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
@lliam Every religion says God created man in his own image so superhuman is a correct term.

OK. I'm not a Christian, nor do I belong to one of the main religions. Only to this little religion of those believers in nonbelieving.

Superhuman might be the right term, if one is a Christian or a religious scholar or so. I also don't know to use those terms correctly in English. In German, such terms also have a different meaning. Nevertheless, I tend to develop my own definitions whether in German, English or French, etc.

One of which is that everything that exists can't be supernatural. Cause everything must be natural if it exists, even if it isn't necessarily something that corresponds to the human physical realm of experience.

So, if I assume that God and all that is connected with it really exists, I can't claim that God is something supernatural. Therefore God can't be superhuman. It/he is just a being of a higher order or so.

Also the physique of such a being can't be equal to the physique of humans. So, the sentence "God created man in his own image" must be interpreted completely differently.

The probably most appropriate interpretation to me would be this:

"God created man in his imagination."

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

lliam is offline   Reply With Quote