View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2015, 03:30 PM  
shamrockgirl02
Member++

shamrockgirl02's Forum Picture

Name: Erin
Default Re: How did you first find out you were gay or bi?

When I was a little girl I had brief little crushes on boys, but when I reached age 8+ I noticed myself staring more at my girl friends and other females at pool and beach and in the changing rooms/showers. I started to think I might be gay and that my earlier attraction to males was simply because that's what we're taught that we're "supposed" to feel. That lasted for 6 months to a year, with me smitten with my older sister's friends. Then some of my brother's friends started hanging around more, and I realized I still found boys attractive. Confused, I started talking to my older sister about this and she explained the difference between straight, gay, and bisexual to me. That was a revelation! I knew immediately that bisexual described me. After talking to my sister about it for a few more weeks, I told her that I thought I was bi, and she hugged me and told me that she loved me no matter what and not to hide who I am or feel ashamed. I got incredibly lucky with such an open minded and tolerant sister.
shamrockgirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote