View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2005, 05:21 AM  
Kiros
Retired Administrator

Kiros's Forum Picture

Name: Ben

Definitely C++. Though I usually program console executable through C++, I use VC++ 7 for GUI friendly programs

I'm trying to get more into Java because it's basically full OOP (Object Oriented Programming) and C++ can be OOP, but has compatablity for OO standard programming aswell. Well, whenever I program, I make sure that the C++ source is in OOP - for a more stable program. The only problem that I have with Java is that the VM (Virtual Machine) has to load first instead or the executable being read as machanic code.

I might try majoring in VB (Visual Basic) but only when I'm fully comfortable with it. Right now it's looking good because the executables read the code from the VB libraries and then output the machanic code, so it loads much faster than Java programs - and it can be smaller than both Java and VC++ programs because of the libraries.

Though right now, C++ and VC++ are my absolute favorite languages (and with the right tweaks, VC++ programs can be one of the smallest, and fastest loading programming languages (well, for programs at least - the language itself is HUGE).

(So if you just skipped to the bottom.)
C++

Kiros || Ben

Happiness is not about being perfect.
It is about seeing beyond the imperfections.
Kiros is offline   Reply With Quote