View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2015, 11:20 AM  
Vlerchan
Globalist Shill

Vlerchan's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansasguy
Since the universe is unnecessary, something had to have caused it to exist rather than not exist.
I think the universe being existence makes it intuitively true that its existence is necessary.

Here's another user using logic to support this..

Quote:
Because God is necessary, he could not have not existed.
God is only necessary if we presume a) the universe is unnecessary and b) god is the only thing that can exist as a cause.

Quote:
The laws of the universe are unnecessary in the sense that they didn't have to be as they are.
I also think it's intuitively true that the laws of the universe need be as they are.

Quote:
They could not have arisen from nature, since the laws of the universe are logically prior to nature.
Please explain this statement. Thank you.

Quote:
The fourth argument.
I disputed this. I don't consider the argument providing a grounds where it is necessary that god must act as an ultimate standards.

It is yet to be explained to me why this must be. And I've read the argument.

Quote:
By intelligent I mean "capable of understanding universals".
I will need you to further define "universals" as I don't understand what is meant.

Quote:
If he chose the laws of the universe, this requires that he cognitively understood them completely.
Presuming he chose the laws.

---

At this point I feel I should add that whilst I see one or two things as now true I still don't consider the 5 arguments as being necessarily true and of them only providing possibilities at best.

".... the result of a consistent and total substitution of lies for factual truth is not that the lie will now be accepted as truth, and truth be defamed as lie, but that the sense by which we take our bearings in the real world - and the category of truth versus falsehood is among the mental means to this end - is being destroyed ... [H.A.]"
Vlerchan is online now   Reply With Quote