Old December 30th, 2014, 08:15 PM  
Vlerchan
Globalist Shill

Vlerchan's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansasguy
What does the first sentence mean.
I'm using forever as short-hand for "all the moments since time began" because using it beyond that is nonsensical.

Quote:
Because if God could create the universe, then he could choose how to create it, then he could change it.
When I use the term "created the universe" I meant "caused the Big Bang" which acted as a cause for other things. I hope it becomes evident why I don't see changing the universe following logically from creating the universe in this regard. You just proved that god was a cause but there's no reason to presume from that he's an influential cause.

But then I don't see being able to change the universe logically following from creating the universe regardless. There's nothing about being able to create that infers being able to change. It might imply such - but then that just leaves us with more possibilities and not facts.

Quote:
So 1 and 2 must be the same. A thing cannot give what it does not have, so 4 must be the same as the creator, since it possesses perfection belonging to nothing else.
I do read 1 and 2 as the same thing demonstrating the possibility of the same thing.

Ok. But how does god beingthe utmost of everything infer omnisentience? I can understand omnibenevolance.

".... the result of a consistent and total substitution of lies for factual truth is not that the lie will now be accepted as truth, and truth be defamed as lie, but that the sense by which we take our bearings in the real world - and the category of truth versus falsehood is among the mental means to this end - is being destroyed ... [H.A.]"
Vlerchan is offline   Reply With Quote