View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2014, 01:48 PM  
Vlerchan
Leftist Shill

Vlerchan's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkasnsasguy
Then would you please tie together your statements with this counter argument?
It's a presumption that god is the cause. There is no need for the cause to be omnisentient, omnipotent, omnibenevolant, etc., or for the cause to even hold intent. It's just Aquinas confirming his own bias'.

It's also the case that the universe needing a cause is a presumption. The universe is the set of all events. There is no reason to presume that the set holds all the characteristics that its events have even if these characteristics are common across all events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansasguy
Abiogenesis doesn't address creation of being. It addresses creation of life.
Please explain the difference to me. I don't understand. Thank you.

Quote:
The argument demonstrates this. Try to refute it.
[Summary:] Varying perfections of varying degrees may be found throughout the universe.
These degrees assume the existence of an ultimate standard of perfection.
Therefore, perfection must have a pinnacle.
This pinnacle is what we call God.
I agree with the first statement.
I agree with the second statement.
I agree with the third statement so long as we accept the pinnacle needn't be constant.
I don't see why the pinnacle needs to be supernatural based.

Quote:
This is a basic philosophical error. Lesser order cannot spontaneously create higher order.
Please re-word this. I don't understand it. Thank you.

".... the result of a consistent and total substitution of lies for factual truth is not that the lie will now be accepted as truth, and truth be defamed as lie, but that the sense by which we take our bearings in the real world - and the category of truth versus falsehood is among the mental means to this end - is being destroyed ... [H.A.]"
Vlerchan is offline   Reply With Quote