View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2014, 11:47 PM  
kanine

kanine's Forum Picture

Name: Kyle
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisenUpJanetWeiss View Post
Not exactly, agnosticism is more like saying "I don't know, and I don't think we can know" to put it basically.

Agnosticism is more the belief that it's impossible to know for sure whether or not a higher power does exist. Then you have agnostic theism, which is like "I don't think it's possible to know, but there could be [in my opinion]", and you've got agnostic atheism, which is like "I don't think it's possible to know, but I don't think there is [in my opinion, it is highly unlikely for a god to exist]".

I mean, I suppose there are true agnostics out there who just generally stay neutral ("It's impossible to know anyways, why bother siding?"), but generally the agnostics I've met (are atheistic) lean one way or the other.

I'm not saying you're wrong in this, however, arguably religion isn't the only thing that's brought about hate. And arguably, hating someone over a difference of opinion is more justifiable than hating someone over a difference in appearance.

I feel that people, as a whole, take a lot of things way too seriously, and way too far. Religion just happens to be something a lot of people have conviction in. It's unfortunate that no one thinks to use logic in day-to-day life- and worse, that they don't think to teach their kids to...

If everyone learned to calm the fuck down, would religion have been as big of a problem in the first place? Obviously we'll never know- the past is the past, however, a lot can be accomplished when you take a step back and think. A lot of these people didn't think very hard. They just used their emotions of rage and hate fueled by prejudice and xenophobia taught to them by their parents.

I mean, I'm hardly a good example of "calming the fuck down", but I do know where I fall short. I'm not blind to my faults. It's a hard habit to break sometimes.
There is no arguing with this, I appologize if it sounded like I was blaming everything wrong with the world on religion as that was not my intention. In any case, I love your philosophy. Lets all just chill the fuck out and love eachother.

Male/Sixteen/Bi/Agnostic-Atheist/Huge Nerd/Gamer/Friendly

I love talking to new people so don't be a stranger
kanine is offline   Reply With Quote