Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2014, 08:36 PM  
kanine

kanine's Forum Picture

Name: Kyle
Default Re: Religion

I consider myself to be agnostic. However I am starting to lean towards a more athistic veiw. I think that the concept of religion, in all of it's glory, is the worlds greatest mistake. I don't mean this as "oh every who believe in big man in sky be dumb dumb har" but like, think about how many wars are fought because some guy believes something the other doesn't. To state a few examples: Hitler targetted jews because they didn't believe Jesus was the messiah (or that was one reason at least), The catholics and isl went to war over the holy lands just because they believed jesus was just a prophet so they were heretics, westboro baptist church waging war against humanity because of bible text taken out of context. all of this death, war, and hatred could easily have been avoided were it not for religion having to have its way with everyone on the face of the planet.

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert, and I am in no way claiming I am right about all of this. It's just my veiwpoint and I'm happy to say I respect many others veiwpoints. Unless you run at me screaming like a banshee and demanding I accept christ or burn in the eternal hellfire.

Male/Sixteen/Bi/Agnostic-Atheist/Huge Nerd/Gamer/Friendly

I love talking to new people so don't be a stranger
kanine is offline   Reply With Quote