Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2014, 12:38 PM  
micheal951

micheal951's Forum Picture

Name: Micheal
Default Re: Religion

I am athiest, and have been for as long as I can remember. Most of my family on my mother's side are catholic (excluding my mother herself though) and from day one, I was always given the choice to choose what I wanted to believe. And as soon as I was able and allowed to use a computer with access to the internet I have always studied wildlife, and from there evolution, and to me, it makes more sense that things evolve over billions of years rather than one man (?) just making everything. I have never believe in god or any sort or deity, the concept that there is something out there "better" (for want of a better word) that us just does not make any sense at all.

The main thing that annoys (for want of a better word) me about religion is it gives me more questions that it has ever answered, my aunt is extremely religious and has always looked down on me for not believing in her views, and it has caused many arguments with the family as she believes I am going to hell. Yet when I say to her that is impossible as I do not believe in heaven or hell, so how can I go somewhere that does not exist she just responds with "you just will, end of". And that is usually the response I get to almost all my questions I ask to any one who believes. And I would love to know why different religions argue with other religions, because if I understand correctly, the "god" people believe is the some one no matter the religion, just has a different "name"?
micheal951 is offline   Reply With Quote