View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2014, 05:06 PM   #4
LouBerry
Awesome Poster

LouBerry's Forum Picture

Name: Elizabeth.
Default Re: Has anyone else been transformed into a cynical jerk because of ocd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna View Post
I've been through so many struggles with my OCD. I'm sure you all have been through similar things. Anyway, because of my suffering, I find that I'm increasingly unable to relate to other people. While other people are sitting down, talking, and pretending everything is alright, I'm wondering how they are able to do that.

I have such a dark sense of humour. To illustrate, in order to cope with suicidal thoughts, I make jokes about suicide. If I get delusional and think that I'm a child molester/rapist, I'll start making jokes about that. Anything to help me cope.

Before, I used to be such an idealistic young kid. I used to be so religious. Nowadays, I hate the notion of God, and I sometimes curse my parents for bringing me into this world. But usually I love them so much.
I have OCD, ADHD, clinical depression, Anxiety disorder, and a phobia of spiders that we won't get into.

I know what you mean. I just have a morbid sense of humor by nature, but I'm definitely not a jerk to anyone. I realize that my mental disabilities are going to make things harder, and I've learned to live around them. I don't let my disabilities define who I am. I am separate from them.

You don't have to sit back and say "Whatever, my life sucks, this is just it." Because that's bullshit. Learn how to live, despite the crap hand you've been given.
LouBerry is offline   Reply With Quote