Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2014, 12:05 AM  
Hallie

Name: Hallie
Default Re: Religion

The main reason I'm an atheist is because I think it is arrogant to believe that this entire massive universe that we can never explore fully or even mostly was created for us. Just think about it. The earth doesn't even take up a hundred billionth of a percent in the universe, and yet some believe that the entire thing was created just for us. If there ever was a creator, then i seriously doubt that he/she knows we exist. And if there is a god that is watching over us, then he is a pretty horrible one. A lot of people use the argument that there are so many beautiful things in life, and yes, I agree. But how come god totally ignores the horrible things in the world? Children. Starving. And there are millions of them. What did they do to deserve that? Murder, rape, cancer, miscarriage, torture, depression, suicide, hate, and not to mention that most animals in the wild will live their entire lives terrified and will die young, horribly bloody, painful deaths. Why would an all loving god bring them into the world just to give them lives like that? And yes, I have read the bible. I've probably read more of it than many christians. And I have to agree with this: "When read properly, the bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." -- Isaac Asimov
Also this:
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss you god, you will understand why I dismiss yours." -- Stephen Roberts
Hallie is offline   Reply With Quote