Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:10 PM  
Andrew56

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground_Network View Post
Thats why satanism is better, at least from my standpoint, because I don't believe in an afterlife. So yeah, indulge now, and who cares what happens once you die. You should just live life how you want to live life. I'm not saying you should fill your life up with negative things, I'm saying you shouldn't let religion dictate your life. Just do what you want to do. Even if you believe in an afterlife, if you choose to make your own decisions, possibly decisions that go against your culture or religion (but aren't necessarily decisions that are harmful to your well-being), then why should you be punished by going to hell or suffering in the afterlife (if there is one)?

[referring to Essasteph]
I'm stating this in a factual format, although it technically a theory, it's what I believe, and my answer to the question.

God created people not to sin. When Adam and Eve rebelled against that, they could no longer freely enter into Heaven. Heaven is a perfect, flawless place, therefore no unclean thing can enter. As soon as you sin, you're all set to spend an eternity in Hell.

But God still loved His creation, so he sent His son, Jesus Christ, down to earth to die for our sins. How does that have any power to save us from sins? Christ was perfect and flawless. He could have called 72,000 (I believe, maybe 75,000? I forget) angels down and stopped His crucifixion at anytime. But he knew His sacrifice could save us from our sins. Because He was sinless and had no reason to die, He took our place when He did.

So my belief is Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

So, basically living for yourself, and rejecting Jesus' free gift is why you go to Hell.

Works don't get you to Heaven or Hell. You can be the best person in the world, but if you don't surrender yourself to Christ and accept what he did, it's and eternity in Hell.

The dirtiest, most sinful person alive could enter Heaven if he truly regretted all the sins he had committed, and realized that they were a slap in God's face, and asked for Christ's abounding forgiveness, and really really meant it.

Tenants of vitreous abodes ought not to hurl lithoidal fragments.
Andrew56 is offline   Reply With Quote