Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2008, 10:19 PM  
theOperaGhost
Banned

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupperooni View Post
I now see religion as something horrible that only causes pain and violence.
Especially Chiristians. Seriously, look at the crusades. How many men fought and died over supposed holy land? Don't all those deaths contradict the Bible? I wouldn't know but I thought religion represents peace. What about the Muslims? Some of them take major offense at things and end up killing many with a bomb of some sort.
I believe in God. However I think that almost every war has a religious driven purpose (not all of them, a lot are over territory).

I disagree with your thought that religion represents peace. Okay, I've never read the Bible, but I think there is a lot of war and bad things in it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Bible is a very graphic book.

One thing that I don't get is why is God so powerful and everyone else is equal. The Bible contains stories of murder, genocide and many other crimes commited by God. Take the flood for example, God was unhappy with everyone on earth except for Noah and his family. What does he do, genocide, he kills off everybody on earth. Doesn't sound very humane

Anyway, even though I'm a Christian, I don't have anything against Atheist because they make the most sense of anybody. There is no proof to go by that their is a God.
theOperaGhost is offline   Reply With Quote