View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2013, 08:52 AM  
Vlerchan
Leftist Shill

Vlerchan's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthearth View Post
I never used the word "proof", this is your invention.
Your claims need proof - or some degree backing, anyway - or otherwise it's simply baseless speculation. I apologise if I was wrong in framing your 'points' as proof.

Quote:
But in short I don't believe it is lost on anyone (accept perhaps other materialists) reading our discussion how pitiful the atheist is in clinging to so-called "fallacies" in the hopes of avoiding what's clearly obvious [...]
Logical Fallacies are used as reference points to outline deviations - or complete breaks in your case - from logical or rational thought in ones argument. The Atheist is using them to do just that.

It's also certainly not obvious.

Quote:
I'll just let what we have said here stand on its own. You demonstrated the ridiculousness quite well.
K. I suppose.

EDIT1: I've no idea what you're on about with chemicals. I looked into Life Reviews, and I saw nothing relating to chemical formations. My point about Brain Activity stands regardless, though.
EDIT2: Unless you're trying to claim that the Loved One we speak to - or whatever - is some complex array of chemicals, or something (Proof?). This is taking place in our imaginations so I don't see the relevance of the individuals formation, in that case - and it certainly wouldn't make any of my points less relevant. It'd probably be best to link me to a page explaining exactly what you mean. I could - it's unlikely, though - be interpreting you wrong.

".... the result of a consistent and total substitution of lies for factual truth is not that the lie will now be accepted as truth, and truth be defamed as lie, but that the sense by which we take our bearings in the real world - and the category of truth versus falsehood is among the mental means to this end - is being destroyed ... [H.A.]"

Last edited by Vlerchan; November 13th, 2013 at 09:46 AM.
Vlerchan is offline   Reply With Quote