Name: Chris
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargersfan View Post
I'm an atheist and you are wrong.
Typical way Athiests start a sentence.

Quote:
We don't know how things were created (If you are talking about the Universe as a whole)
I wasn't.

Quote:
But the reason I'm an atheist is
Never asked you why, you responded to me.

Quote:
that I don't believe a God exists, but I don't believe a God exists, as apposed to me believing a God doesn't exist.
Wut?

Quote:
The difference here is that the 2nd one makes a claim as appose to the first one doesn't.
Still wut.

Quote:
If somebody tells me a God exists, in order to verify it using proper verification methods, (Such as burden of proof)you have to be able to prove that a God exists.
Or, you could just not be a jerk and let them believe a God exists, instead of asking for proof.

Quote:
Same thing with anything else such as if you wanted to make a claim that Bigfoot exists, you can't prove that he doesn't exist, but you can't prove that he exists either, therefore you don't believe he exists (I hope) because you have no such evidence to believe in such.
(I would probably understand you better if you used better grammar, and didn't make your sentences a complete mess.) You contradicted yourself in writing this, because if you can't prove that something exists, that's proof enough that it doesn't exist.

Quote:
I apply this same thing to God, a God may exist, it is possible, but I have no proof that one does exist, any even if one did exist, there is no way for me to know if it is a God of the mainstream religions (Such as Islam, or Christianity) a God of any sort of religion in human history, or a God of any religion that we know of at all.
If you were able to receive proof that a God exists, (like you said you couldn't) you would also know which one it is, since the proof would provide enough information.

Quote:
So I take the default position of not believing in any Gods until I get undisputed evidence.
You will never have undisputed evidence, so that's a strange reason for not believing.

Quote:
But you can't claim we know how everything was created, because we don't.
If you'd look back on the post you quoted me on, you'd see that I never said 'Everything', I said 'things'. And by 'things', I mean theories like how our planet was formed, which I believe to be true because there is nothing to prove it wrong.

Last edited by chrisf55; May 28th, 2013 at 09:30 AM.
chrisf55 is offline   Reply With Quote