Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2013, 12:06 AM  
chargersfan

Name: Lukas
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf55 View Post
I don't understand the question. I mean exactly what you read, I see it as an impossibility that there is a god that created all things because we know how things were created.
I'm an atheist and you are wrong. We don't know how things were created (If you are talking about the Universe as a whole) But the reason I'm an atheist is
that I don't believe a God exists, but I don't believe a God exists, as apposed to me believing a God doesn't exist. The difference here is that the 2nd one makes a claim as appose to the first one doesn't. If somebody tells me a God exists, in order to verify it using proper verification methods, (Such as burden of proof)
you have to be able to prove that a God exists. Same thing with anything else such as if you wanted to make a claim that Bigfoot exists, you can't prove that he doesn't exist, but you can't prove that he exists either, therefore you don't believe he exists (I hope) because you have no such evidence to believe in such. I apply this same thing to God, a God may exist, it is possible, but I have no proof that one does exist, any even if one did exist, there is no way for me to know if it is a God of the mainstream religions (Such as Islam, or Christianity) a God of any sort of religion in human history, or a God of any religion that we know of at all. So I take the default position of not believing in any Gods until I get undisputed evidence. But you can't claim we know how everything was created, because we don't.

16/Gay

Feel free to hit me up.

Last edited by chargersfan; May 28th, 2013 at 12:09 AM.
chargersfan is offline   Reply With Quote