View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2013, 02:39 AM  
sparkles's Forum Picture
Name: Tom
Default Re: ** Ask ALL Cut / Uncut Questions HERE **

Originally Posted by crumbs View Post
Well what you said was basically that anyone who disagrees with circumcision is rabid, mean and untrustworthy.

The fact is, almost every country in the world turned away from it in the 80's, it's just taken the US a lot longer (mostly because of the grotesque profits being made in the medical industry by keeping it going -- your taxes are going into the pockets of people cutting up baby penises), but fortunately even the US is waking up to the fact that it's a pointless operation unless medically necessary.
I think you clearly misunderstood me. I am absolutely against routine circumcision at birth with the exception of religious customs. What I was referring to is that there is a small but very vocal group of people called "intactivists" who take things beyond your typical "I think it is wrong, it shouldn't be done" view. That is what I was referring to. The tide really is changing in parts of America, particularly along the coasts. Some states have done a good job of not covering the procedure under medicaid.
sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote