Old April 20th, 2013, 04:38 AM  
Hunter_Steel
Member+

Hunter_Steel's Forum Picture

Name: Erich Julius
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toogley Schmurp View Post
Religion is for the weak minded that need moral boundaries due to lack of common sense and decency.
So by that logic: I am weak minded, my family is weak minded and all my friends are weak minded?

Sorry for stepping on your toes here but. Are you out of your mind?! If you ask me, religion makes a mind strong and gives a person who sees they have no purpose in life a purpose. It gives hope to those that have none, and it brings people together.

I have common sense and decency. You clearly lack respect for other people's beliefs. If you ask me, atheists are the weak minded. 80% of all suicides in the world are done by people who don't have a religion.

Religion tells us that there is always hope and where there's a will there's a way. There's always a silver lining, and people are better off with it than without it if you ask me. It separates people? Sorry if I am wrong about this but... What separation has it caused? Sure Muslims and Christians hate eachother. But not all do. I have quite a few muslim friends who don't follow the laws in the Qur'an that talk about killing for the sake of Alla because our society today doesn't permit it.

My aunt is a Buddhist. And the rest of my family is Dutch Reformed.

We're all very strong people. So yeah, saying religion is for the weak minded is calling nearly half or more than half of the Earth's population weak minded.

~Hunter

I'm 17, Bi, Reformed Christian, mostly open minded and a friendly guy.

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/9706/222uc.jpg
I am the Iron Wall. A man who's made of indestructible steel. Protecting those who I love from all danger, and preventing the advances of evil. I am the Iron Wall. An indestructible wall protecting the forces of good and stopping the forces of evil.
Hunter_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote