Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2013, 10:06 PM  
Taurus

Taurus's Forum Picture

Name: Noah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter_Steel View Post
Correction, God created religion by creating humans. And by telling humans he was our creator, thus created religion. WE IN NO WAY IN HEAVEN OR HELL CREATED RELIGION.

That is a proven fact throughout all religions. Atheists hate on us because we are religious and sometimes unfriend us if we won't accept a point of view that means we'd have to drop our religion to accept that. What made it so wrong to have a religion? I am sure that the past 10,000 years of religion and misgivings of people that manipulated it to control others can be forgotten?

~Hunter
Prove to all of us that your god created humanity and I will drop the subject. Unfortunately, you can't prove anything.
"Proven fact" is redundant.
When you said "atheists hate on us because we are religious and sometimes unfriend us if we won't accept a point of view that means we'd have to drop our religion to accept that" I practically died laughing. Don't play the victim here. You act as if there is a war on religion. You confuse a war on religion with not getting what you want.
Asking me to forget the atrocities committed by religion is kind of like asking a people to forget the history of racism. Or like asking South Africans to forget apartheid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMWILL View Post
I've been bringing facts the entire time, you haven't. You simply are ignoring all the facts I am showing and saying they aren't true. You also need to go study up on your statistics, the poll I presented is completely legitimate.

You clearly didn't interpret my post correctly, I did not call out Christianity as being evil and legitimate at all.

I view God as love. I see God in people and in the beauty of nature. It simply not something I can explain in one sentence.

You're wrong. God doesn't do evil, he only allows it to happen. That is the concept of free will. Again, you are trying to envision God as a big guy in the sky who personally causes disasters or famine. God doesn't control the weather or natural phenomena, or what a country's leader decides to do.

Because I follow formal writing techniques. Bring that question up with the people that formate MLA, not me.

Also, here is the Catholic Church's official view on most non-Christian religions:
http://www.vatican.va/archive/hist_c...aetate_en.html
You have officially convinced me that your god is a giant asshole. Allowing evil to occur when one has the power to stop it, is just as evil as perpetrating the crime.

-double post merged. -Emerald Dream

http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/signaturepics/sigpic73988_7.gif

Last edited by Emerald Dream; April 11th, 2013 at 07:40 AM. Reason: double
Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote