View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2007, 01:07 PM  
Dolphus Raymond
Great Poster
Default Re: The Feeling of Being Circumcised

Originally Posted by IAMSAM View Post
My purpose here isn't to argue with you, Alcon (oh, and there's no reason to SHOUT my name, only the 'S' needs to be capitalized). You've clearly got your own very personal agenda going on here that frankly, based on a few recent posts seems to be in total disregard for reality. No, my point isn't argumentative or to debate you (or anyone else) but to provide info based on actual experience, rather than hand picked 'info' that supports a pre existing perception. What you and the anti circ crowd does is frankly hideous. Fright tactics are really reprehensible, and your very clever way of presenting your opinon as fact is equally so.
How am I presenting my own opinions as facts? You are a confusing man, Sam (which is apparently not an acronym. )

You're ignoring studies out there in favor of your anecdotal opinion. Most people who are circumcised will be happy with it. Obviously, that wouldn't be true if it made sex suck. A minority, although significant for a surgery, aren't. I think it's about 60% happy, 25-30% unhappy, in a study that included people with medical issues. I can try to find it, but I might not be able to dig it up via Google. You could claim I'm lying, but I really have no interest in being dishonest about this.

On GovTeen, we had one survey where the majority of circumcised guys said they'd prefer to have had the choice. I'm sure you'll find a reason to reject this, though. We've conspired to pollute their minds or something, right? There, I've done it for you.

Fright tactics? Fright tactics like saying that there's nothing wrong with being happily circumcised? I really don't understand why you think I'm such an anti-circumcision zealot.

It's unfortuante that you accept what you've heard out there only if you agree with it, you're free to dismiss my actual experience as 'anecdotal'. However, for those with open minds (and who are unsure of themselves), I'd like to think that one person's experience is worth a thousand propaganda website's opinions.
I have no problem with anecdotes, but I take them with a grain of salt. If there is a difference in sensitivity, it would not happen in one or two years. But I doubt there is a significant difference. You still think I'm fearmongering?

And have you ever seen me use a propaganda web site?

Find me that person who says it's different based on their own experience. Until then, please, go away. What you're doing here is really unacceptable.
I have medical studies that indicate it may be. But I've seen that you don't seem to trust science. There are plenty of "propaganda web sites" full of men who feel that way. I think they are probably wrong.

I was not disagreeing with your conclusions (circumcision does not, for most people, make sex any less enjoyable - I agree with that). I was disagreeing with your dishonest use of your own opinion as a fact.

And, for the last time, if you think that opposing infant circumcision on purely ethical grounds makes me a "zealot," I just don't know what to tell you.

"I don't believe in magic. But I do believe in interpreting coincidence exactly the way you want to." -Sherman Alexie

Last edited by Dolphus Raymond; December 19th, 2007 at 01:13 PM.