Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2007, 12:03 AM  
Hyper
VT Lover

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCanadianGuy View Post
I'm Christian, but I agree with MANY of the gripes some people have with my religion. My main concern is the fanatics that most people see on tv that condemn everyone to Hell for all of eternity and blah blah blah the point is they give Christians a bad name, and should not be associated with Christians (if they were alive at the time of Christ he would have called them hypocrites and Pharisees). I have no qualms with the beliefs of others; I believe in God and Jesus, whatever you believe, well that's your business and I have NO RIGHT to ram my own belief system down your throat. Of course I could educate people on what exactly it is I believe, but hey they have the exact same right to tell me about their religion and what they believe in also.

Honestly I think there would be a lot less aggrivation for all parties if we all did something like that... of course that will never happen. Oh well....
To be honest.. I call those loonies on TV ''American Christians''.. Seriously I have never seen anyone else, who isn't American and who belives in God be like that.. As in completly hateful and such.

EDIT: That doesn't mean all Americans who are Christians are loonies to me.. Just people who support the death penatly typically and say their christian or in general that they belive in God

I'm tough, rough, ready and able
To pick myself up from under this table
Don't stick no sign on me, I got no label
I'm a little sick, unsure, unsound and unstable

But I'm fighting my way back

Last edited by Hyper; December 5th, 2007 at 12:34 PM.
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote