Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:50 AM  
Kriss41
Banned

Name: Demy
Default Re: Religion

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I believe in Heaven, Jesus, a God as a creator, a Devil that roams on earth, and that there is no hell. Well, actually, the 'hell' I reffer to is the common grave, where all dead people lay. I don't believe every good person goes to a Heaven, there is no Purgatory. Death is just that- death. No afterlife. No 'soul' that lives on afterwards. No way of being haunted.
People believe that we're fanatics, or that we can't have fun. People believe we only think what our Governing Body, the people that run the making of our literature, make us think. That's not true at all. We all believe our own way.
We're not trying to convert anyone, either. When we're going door-to-door, we're curious on what people believe. We're not saying "You moron, stop going to your Trinitarian churt and come worship the only true God!" (I used Trinitarian because it was the first thing that poped into my head) We're not here to convert you. We're more along the lines of saying "We're interested in what you have to say, and we hope you're interested in what we have to say."
We believe that the Bible was written by men inspired by God, and that God's name is Jehovah, of which means 'causes to be come, whatever He desires shall prove to be' (quote taken from the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures) We're not some form of Judism, or Hinduism, or Christianity. We believe this 'religion' is more of a way of life.
If you have any questions, feel free to let me know. :3
Kriss41 is offline   Reply With Quote