Thread: The Worst Night
View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:41 AM  
Evrythng_im_not's Forum Picture
Default Re: The Worst Night

She slowly let her eyes open, not wanting to see what she had done, the pain she had caused. Looking beside her she saw her lover, and the pain and regret she felt rushed into her heart, causing her to jolt. Looking at her hand, clasped in her lovers, she felt her eyes well up with tears. She had almost left this girl. The one and only girl who could ever keep her sane. She brought the hands close, kissing her girlfriends hand again and again, her small way of apologizing.

Sliding off of her bed she walked over to the desk to compose her letter to her lover. She couldn't think of the words to say to her, though. She sat thinking for minutes upon minutes. Glancing over to her, she found the words she was looking for.

My Dearest Vanessa,
I know what I have done and I pray you will find it in you to forgive me. I never meant to hurt you like I did last night. I never want to hurt you, you must believe me. It was an accident, I swear. But the time has come and I swear you're better off without me.
I see you lying there in our bed, and I feel my heart breaking to know what I have done to you, what I will continue to do to you. I wish you everything that you ever hoped for in life. If we meet again in the future, maybe we will be together, but I don't think we can be together now. I think I'm too wrong for you, now. Too gone. Too broken.
Love now and forever,
My heart belongs only to you,

She placed the letter on her pillow, staring at Vanessa the entire time. She leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on the crown of her head.

"Goodbye, my love," whispered words slid from between her lips. "I will always be in your heart."

And with that, Ashley departed from her life. She had no idea Vanessa heard every word that was said.

Now that we're done, I'm so sorry
Why did I lie, I'm so sorry
I know I hurt you
I know I hurt you
Evrythng_im_not is offline   Reply With Quote