View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2004, 01:36 PM   #1
Jono
Awesome Poster

Default First Time Cutting

When was the first time you cut yourself? What did it feel like the first time you cut yourself? What was going through your head at the time? If you look at the thing that was going through your head at the time you can try and figure out why you cut in the first place.

For me it was my friends and my girlfriend at the time, my Mum and Dad
disagreed on me going out with her and we had a row, my friends were ignoring me and one of the best friends I had ever had fell out with me.
It may seem fairly normal but to me at the time it was the end of my life and for the first time in my life I begun to contemplate on suicide, cutting seemed a way of getting all my pain and anger out but I also blamed myself for many things so hurting myself seemed logical at the time.

Once I realised that cutting could not go on, I looked at the things that I thought of that first time and I basically had a checklist and I went around sorting everything out. By the time I had got everything sorted cutting seemed irrelevent.

That may not apply to everyone but if you try and sort out the problems going through your head each time, life will be better.

Cutting may be a temporary solution but in the long run it really does not help. It damages you sometimes in ways that will never leave you and can leave you with scars that last forever.

Last edited by ImCoolBeans; July 9th, 2013 at 05:49 PM.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote