View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2007, 09:37 AM  
Sapphire
Tears & Smiles

Sapphire's Forum Picture

Default Re: Could I be bi-polar? :(

Ok, to me it sounds like borderline personality disorder. More so than bipolar because of the frequency and length of your mood swings. With bipolar they tend to last for a few days, weeks, months or sometimes years but with BPD they tend to last a few hours and only rarely days.

There is a strong link with forms of abuse/bullying in childhood and BPD - 75% of sufferers. Sufferers are also drawn to any combination of drink, drugs, unsafe and promiscuous sex and excessive spending. Self harm and suicide gestures are also symptoms.

This disorder is typically charaterised by a volatile self image, frantic efforts to avoid being abandoned and balck and white (all or nothing) thinking as well.
It is treatable through psychotherapy

This is only my opinion and I may very well be wrong so don't freak out or anything. Even if you are diagnosed with this, it isn't the be all and end all.
If you want to speak about this with me then feel free to. I have received a diagnosis of "emerging BPD" so I can hopefully help you out with any questions you have.

~ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~

* Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion *
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote