View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2007, 09:27 PM  
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Name: Sam!
Default Re: how am i suppose to get over him

Well, loss hurts if you figure out why or not, maybe you just need to feel bad for awhile without judging yourself. Often, people feel better if they can somehow figure out that it wasn't their 'fault'. (the opposite being that if they think it was their doing, they torment themselves mercilessly). Unless he actually tells you that you did something absolutely intolerable to him, it might be best to just feel bad for awhile without rushing to judgement. Fact is, often things happen and we cannot really know for sure why. This might be one of those cases.

I'm not sure there's a way to prevent rejection, or things just not working out. Right now, i think you're just feeling bad about what happened and you're trying to fit the pieces together. And part of that is a reluctance to go thru this again. Now might not be the time to consider seeing someone.

When you're ready, you'll be able to take the risk of getting to know someone and allowing yourself to become emotionally vulnerable. I think you've learned that there are some things about a guy that are worth overlooking, and some that are not. That experience will sharpen your judgement so you're more likely to get close with someone where the chances of 'this' happening again are lower.

But right now, don't torture yourself too much figuring out i fit was you. It probably wasn't, it just wasn't meant to be.
IAMSAM is offline   Reply With Quote