View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2007, 10:29 PM  
Legendary Member
Name: Sam!
Join Date: July 14, 2007
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: where to get tested for add

Another old thread, but I thought I'd throw my $.02 into the fountain.

Although any competent mental health professional can attempt to diagnose ADHD, according to my dad the Shrink, only a Psychologist (or Neuropsychologist) can definitively diagnose it based on actual performance testing. he also says it is the most overdiagnosed condition on the planet, and in the history of humankind (probably sarcastically), as only 5% of the population really has it. That means that you have a 95% chance of NOT having it. (a lot of other things not neurologically related can cause a lack of focus, kinda like thinking that everytime you cough it's TB).
IAMSAM is offline   Reply With Quote