View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2007, 09:37 PM  
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Name: Sam!
Default Re: A Dillema...

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial-thrilla View Post
excuse me!? who the hell do you think you are belittling my opionion because i have used some minor drugs before in my life? Its really terrible how ignorant some people are, if you knew anything about drugs and actually researched them from non biased websites you may learn a thing or two, but thats all beside the point. I simply stated that occasional marijuana use is not really that big of a deal. If he thinks that its ruining his friends life, which i doubt it is because he sounded like he only used it a few times then by all means talk to him about it. I also think that it would be wise to maybe learn the mental side effects of extensive marijuana use and talk to him about it so he doesent use it very often or get into more dangerous addictive drugs.

Sorry, thrilla, but the only impressions we get online is what you, the writer, give us. And you've clearly stated your opinions of drug use (regardless of frequency), and it's clear you advocate the use of them. That's not ignorance on my part, just accurate observation. Unfortunately, your bias towards drug abuse is pretty clear, which makes you hardly objective in such matters.

Drugs have profound effects on the functioning of the body (even 'occasional' use), I'd suggest you look at a truly scientific site, like the NIMH or CDC websites, those which report the studies done by scientists with the training and credentials which most reasonable people would feel confident accepting.

Yes, I'm against drug use, because I've done the research to find the facts by those without an agenda (other than to report accurate info). But the issue the OP presents isn't seeking your opinion on drug use, but rather what his options are because of his concern about his cousins drug use. I believe I've answered that concern.
IAMSAM is offline   Reply With Quote