View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2007, 07:54 PM  
xTheLordsServantx
Member+

xTheLordsServantx's Forum Picture

Default Re: Who Here Is Religious?

The term "religious" is thrown around way too much in our society. Being religious doesn't necessarily mean that you believe in God or anything...it simply means that you follow a system of rules and regulations because you need to find a source of security in your life. Am I religious? Sort of - in the sense that I go to Church a lot, I'd say YES, but in the sense that I blindly follow rules that I think limit the faithful from doing God's true mission for us, I'd say NO! My main point is that it is very very easy to be religious, but in my religion, its faith that matters, and having faith is very difficult.

In my opinion, the real question you should have asked is "Who in here is faithful in their religion?" That says a lot more about a person rather than exposing his or her insecurities.

Also, another small bit. I've seen that some people have said that religion has its negatives and positives. I'd like to point out that that is possibly one of the most untrue and falsified statements that I have heard. Its not religion that is flawed. Lets look at the most persecuted religion, Christianity. Christianity is all about faith in God, love, forgiving others, truth, trust, honor, and basically ALL the other virtues that make up our worldy society. While its not the religions that have the moral gaps, its rather the followers of religion who give it such a despised name. Sometimes people believe they are so Holy and such a perfect example of how a person "should" live their lives under a religion, when in reality these people are living their lives contrary to the true beliefs of the religion. Instead of admiting to their faults, they instead continue with their actions which they believe are "in the name of God."

This therefore allows people who are themselves insecure about ultimate Truth the ability to undermine religion itself and therefore feel as if they are exempt from the undoubtedly true moral obligations presented in so many religions. Over time this negative reflection of religion established by so many self-proclaimed "saints" developes into a sort of contradictory view of religion developing in the minds of onlookers. So now, we get socially acceptable ideas that religion has "caused more deaths than anything else" and that "religion has its positives and negatives."

I hope you all understood some of that. If you didn't feel free to PM me.

God Bless you all!

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Forever praise Him

Please check out this website if you have any questions: http://www.gotquestions.org/archive.html

Last edited by xTheLordsServantx; September 11th, 2007 at 08:09 PM.