View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2007, 11:31 PM  
4IrishJustice
Junior Member+

Default music's negative effect on Youth

This is a copy of an email i recently sent to a few people. I appoligize in advance for the languedge. but i wanted it to stay orrigionally how i wrote it. I did change some words to the first letter and then astericts. (if i really have to change it dont get all hostile just have a mod let me know and i'll edit them out.)

I AM SICK OF THE S****Y NEW AGE BANDS WHO ARE SO MUSICALLY UNTALLENTED THAT THEY CAN'T COME UP WITH THERE OWN SONGS SO THEY STEAL THEM FROM GOOD ARTISTS OF THE PAST.

I've put just a few here, Jermaine Stewart sang the song "we dont have to take our clothes off" a song of platonic love. the f***ing gym class heros took this and turned it into the shit that is "we have to take our clothes off" WHAT THE S***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIVE HER HER SONG BACK. or at least don't take a song about a woman comming out and saying "hey im a strong woman who needs to be respected" and turn it into saying that sex is the only form of entertainment. THEY SHOULD ALL BE SHOT!!!!!!!!!!

THEY also messed with Supertramps song "Breakfast in America." now supertramp ROCKED. and F***ing gym class heros goes and F***S with that one too calling it "take a look at my girlfriend." im sorry i can not help but speak out against a band who puts the line "she even has her own ring tone, if thats not love than i dont know what love is." Anyone out there who thinks that giving someone their own cell phone ring is true love.....go f*** yourself, it seems thats all you know how to do. and please f*** yourself, not others, i dont want you spreading your genes.

Please send this to others you know, and spread the word. If you dont think that bands singing these things affect you life at all then think again, because these people aren't going anywhere. and in only about three years, the people who buy into this will effect everything from products, American culture, GOVERNMENT!!!!!! THESE PEOPLE WILL BE VOTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so please help make the change our country needs so desperately, and never forget 1/5 of Americans can't find America on a map.....and they vote......

That was the email. If you agree with me that bands have a large impact on how the youth turns out later in life then help me spread this message. "People are ignorent and easily manipulated, we shouldn't allow those who don't have the ability to form their own opinions be influnced in negative ways." I know this sounds kind of totalitarian-ish. but it angers me to see little kids, and i mean 10, 11, 12 year old kids, listening to music like that. The job is not the governments, its not the censors, its THEIR PARENTS!!!! and its our responsability to remember that when our kids are born that they do need to know the different opinions, but as children they do need to be sheltered at least a small amount.

and anyone who is now mad at me for not liking gym class heros...i dont really care...please dont send me hate mail.

Do not remind me of my failures. I have not forgotten them. - Jackson Browne in These days.
4IrishJustice is offline   Reply With Quote