View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2007, 11:20 PM  
Paige1989

Paige1989's Forum Picture

Default Re: energy drink addiction

Oh wow, this thread is soooo appropriate for me. It wasn't until last night that I realised how detrimental a caffeine addiction could be (looonnnggg story..alright, not so long, but I don't feel like typing it out) even though I'd had several bad experiences before (binging on coke to 'dull' pain)...I'm trying to come off of it, but it's hard. I LOVE coca-cola...I'd drink it nonstop if I could, and I even collect their products - coin holders, bottle caps, etc. I still drink coca-cola products (mind you, this is my first caffeine-free day so I might not make it as I've tried quitting in the past and it never works. Ever.), but not with caffeine. I also drank energy drinks and Jolt, and when I found Jolt gum and Jolt mints, I was in seventh Heaven. ^^ I could take those to school and stay on my 'high' throughout the day. It was weird...it kept me up during the schoolday, but somehow calmed me down enough at night so I could sleep. :S I was told bipolar and coke don't mix...well, bipolar and caffeine in general...but do I ever listen until I've experienced it? Of course not. Still, I'm working on it...one day at a time.

~~Paige

[SIZE="1"]remember when;; getting high meant swinging at the playground;; the problem about boys was cooties;; mom was your hero && dad was super man;; your worst enemies were your siblings;; race issues were about who ran the fastest ;; war was just a card game;; life was simple && carefree;; but what I remember most was;; wanting to grow up;;
Then I did...Where's the rewind button?
Paige1989 is offline   Reply With Quote