View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2007, 07:16 PM  
Blahages
Nice Poster

Default Re: Ubuntu - Beryl On Startup

I pulled this off the post you made on Ubuntuforums, so I'll reply here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmcray View Post
Hello I have some problems with Beryl. I just recently increased my color depth in Ubuntu to 24 bit, and it seems that beryl stopped working after that. But here's my problem, every time I open Beryl Manager that icon doesn't appear in the bar at the top of the screen... And I can't rotate the cube either. Maybe something else caused this problem.... Someone help please.
How were you starting Beryl? Did you have XGL installed, and did you load it by choosing it from the Sessions screen in GDM?

What do you get if you run

Code:
ps -ef|grep X
In terminal?

If you're running XGL, it should give you something similar to "Xgl :1 -fullscreen -ac -br -accel xv:pbuffer -accel glx:pbuffer" as an output, otherwise, if it's just a normal Xserver, it'll probably give you X or Xorg

Here's what I get when I run the command, and mine works:

Code:
[email protected]:~$ ps -ef|grep X
root      5205  5204  0 16:00 tty7     00:00:09 /usr/bin/X :0 -br -audit 0 -auth /var/lib/gdm/:0.Xauth -nolisten tcp vt7
blahages  5681  5637  2 16:00 ?        00:05:22 Xgl :1 -fullscreen -ac -br -accel xv:pbuffer -accel glx:pbuffer
blahages 13907 13874  0 20:12 pts/0    00:00:00 grep X
[email protected]:~$
Also, does it work again if you change the color depth back to whatever it was set to before, as opposed to 24 bit?

- Bill
Blahages is offline   Reply With Quote