View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2007, 10:15 AM  
Serenity
Banned

Name: Valerie
Default Re: Never Really Had A Girlfriend

Firstly, it's perfectly fine to be 15 and not have a girlfriend yet. As for being rejected, that's just something that's gonna happen. Not saying there's anything wrong with you, but we all have to deal with rejection at one point or another, and generally more than once. You've just got to bite the bullet and get over your fears, like in any aspect of life. If you let fear hold you back, you'll never get far.

Asking is something everyone does differently. You know there's the, "I really like you, do you like me, too?" approach, the outright, "Hey, you wanna go out with me?" approach, and the roundabout, "Man, I really wish I had a girlfriend....you know you'd be a great girlfriend...whoever gets you will be really lucky." etc. You just have to find what works best for you, what makes you feel most comfortable. Granted, the entire process is probably going to be extremely uncomfortable, just be you.

And I've known several people who have started relationships with people they know well in real life online, and it worked out fine.
Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote