Old June 6th, 2012, 03:48 PM  
Deschain
Peach Plum Pear

Deschain's Forum Picture

Name: Sweet Pea
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooliodude5 View Post
People need to move on and realize that if it's not their religion, why is it a big deal? It doesn't effect you directly. I'm Jewish. we believe we are the chosen people and that we will know when our messiah comes. Jesus is not the messiah. Anyone want to argue? Well think... is it worth it? Does it really affect me? Freedom of speech...
Well, when those groups vote towards policies that directly affect my lifestyle, then yes, we can debate it. Or even because of most human conflicts, past or present, break down to one simple concept: a difference between religions/religious views/policies/practices.

People die all the time because of religious differences, and they get hurt, right here in this country. So yes, I do think you're wrong, and agree with keeping it open to debate.

~Lawrence~

~Laura was here~
For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home.
Deschain is offline   Reply With Quote