View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2007, 08:20 PM  
Prince Jellyfish
Member+

Prince Jellyfish's Forum Picture

Default Should I tell her that it's time to call it quits?

Hey, before I start off on this I need to make it clear that I don't know all the facts yet; that said, this isn't so much me asking what to do rather it's me asking what I should do to figure out what's going on between me and my girlfriend.

Basically, the girl I'm currently dating, let's call her Farrah (because that's her name XD), isn't the most emotional person in the world. Sure, she nearly always has a sunny disposition and she is also very candid/blunt about her complaints with me. As far as complaints go, nothing major has ever come up. However, just as critisizms are rare, so are compliments.

This is wherein the problem lies. I'm not needy, but because of the slew of unfaithful girlfriends beforehand I am, in fact, plagued by nearly torturous self-doubt. Further exacerbating the situation is my major depressive disorder.=[

Now, I want to know what she thinks of me, but whenever I try to get close enough emotionally to figure things out, even little things (especially little things), she only ends up pushing me away. Needless to say (then way am I saying it???), this is rather wounding to my ego. Without any clear direction as to where this is going or how serious she is I'm really quite lost. I mean, I'm not looking for the love of my life or anything, but I'd at least like to know that she's committed to keeping this up seeing as how I'm actually pretty damn interested in her (she's a lot nicer than the girls back in old town).

So, I guess what I'm trying to ask is...What do I do? How I figure out where to go with this? Should I just end it here?

Thanks, guys.
Prince Jellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote