View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2007, 03:31 AM  
Junior Member+
Default Re: Girlfriend trouble

I don't know about number one, but I have a LOT of experience with point number two.

When one moves into a new school, they suffer (each time) from (what I call) First Year of School Syndrome (FYOS²). That is, basically, the time needed to get used to the new environment and class/schoolmates.

However, FYOS² can also be painful, or hard to deal with. For example, I had a really hard time fitting into my new school (it was four years ago, but I remember it as if it was more recent.) The fact that I am from the Middle East, wear glasses, etc. helped my new classmates find reasons to tease/annoy me. But I didn't give in or accept any of it, as I [was] comfortable with everything...

To make a long story short, I think that being yourself is the best way to get over FYOS². Your new classmates will have to work with you for at least a trimester, it would be better to get to know you. That's what I think at least.

Also, as the thread is titled "Girlfriend Trouble", along with your second point, it is a bit of a misnomer.
It is, however, definitely a relationship inquiry so I think it belongs in this sub-forum.

Last edited by lallous; August 5th, 2007 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Adding information.
lallous is offline   Reply With Quote