Thread: Right...
View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2007, 12:02 PM  
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Name: Sam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial-thrilla View Post
when used very occasionally, lsd really would not create very much damage to your body. however if you already suffer from mental illnesses then lsd is definatly a bad drug to take.
How do you know this? Or, are you confusing wishful thinking for reality? Remember, it's called 'Acid' for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial-thrilla View Post
well yes if you suffer from a mental illness there are drugs that you can take to reduce the problem, im not a doctor so im not sure which perscription drugs should be used for whichever mental illness, but it is very common to be given medication. And for using it at all, i believe that it is a personal choice. If you feel like your in the right state of mind for an acid trip and youve done your research and kind of know what to expect then its totally up to you and not really for any of us to say you should or shouldnt. Its an experience, like skydiving etc. Drugs like this kind of force you to confront your problems, instead of avoiding them, i guess you could say alot of what phychedelics do is kind of make you reflect on how you live life. Many people can do that without drugs but some people cannot, and i believe it should be a personal choice.
Are you seriously comparing the use of LSD with skydiving?! Although i personally think jumping from an airplane is a bit nuts, it is a PHYSICALLY recreational activity, by which i mean the thrill is the physical sensation of being pulled thru the air by gravity at great speed (again, I think this is nuts).
Either your chute opens and you're ok, with absolutely no side effects or bodily changes, or you hit the earth and make a mess, in which case there's no repeat performance.
With LSD, the 'entertainment' is entirely chemically induced. The experience is caused by a chemical change in the brain. Those chemicals interact with the brain, and cause the sensations. Because they're internal, because the 'thrill' is entirely man made and happening artificially in your brain, there's also the unintended consequence of mucking the natural order of things up there,too. Remember, it's acid. You're putting acid into your brain. And the effects of doing this accumulate, you might not be aware of the subtle changes until many acid trips. It's like smoking. Most don't recognize the changes to their lungs for many years. Until they get cancer.

You're justifying your decision to continue LSD use, you're denying the reality of what the long term effects of LSD use are. Like smokers.

Last edited by Maverick; August 3rd, 2007 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Double post.
IAMSAM is offline   Reply With Quote