View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2007, 07:41 PM  
Retired Administrator
Maverick's Forum Picture
Default Re: Growing Up with Schizo Parents:

My mom is schizo. She was diagnosed nearly 2 years ago. It's a very hard thing to deal with. It's very stressful some days while other days it's completely fine. I've been in situations that I never would have imagined. Nearly getting stabbed on multiple occasions, physical fights with my mom, constantly preventing her from killing herself. Having to call the police so many times I've lost count. Having social services getting involved and getting pulled during school to talk to them because from the constant police reports they were worried my mom was a threat to my safety. Plus, trying to balance that with school work. The list goes on.

It's not an easy thing to deal with. Though I can say nearly 2 years since diagnosis things have gotten better and my tolerance for it has increased. I can pretty much handle anything that can go wrong relating to that and I've gotten used to the fact some days will be good and some will be bad.

If anyone is going through something similar. A mentally ill parent, friend, relative, anyone close to you, feel free to contact me by PM, email, or instant messenger - all in my profile. I know what its like to deal with something like that and feel like there's no one to relate.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote