View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2007, 03:47 PM  
xTheLordsServantx
Member+

xTheLordsServantx's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkoi View Post
I can only say I'm Catholic, I believe in pretty much everything except the strict traditions about marriage and such, and that's mostly because every guy I dated has not been Catholic. I want to get married to any one of any religion who ever he may be and I don't want it to be a fight, even though I cannot guarentee that. It's just a dream. My bf now is protestant but I don't feel that's too far off, really.
I have to say I am VERY religious though, and I pray and believe in God and have and follow the basic morals. I used to read the bible a lot...(what happened?).

I'll figure it out. And I dont critize or poke at other religions because my religion respects other's beliefs even if we disagree (we're supposed to). My religion is basically there to teach anyone they can to live as good people so we can rejoice in heaven with God. That's my basic idea. I want to live a full life. A life of meaning. Although hapiness and meaning can't be one in life, but I wan't one of them. I don't know.

I only know in my life the Lord exsists because he's been there for me so much when I called for him. I feel I must make him happy and be his child.

I once wanted to be a deacon, and spend more time in the Lords house. Woman can be deacons!! =D

-My two cents.
Amen to that and I agree 100% with everything you said. God Bless you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomSoulWraith View Post
What I think about this whole issue is that one person is right, wether it's the islam, hindu, buddhists, catholics, scientologists (and/or athiest..) et cetera. One of those many religions is right and ONLY one. (I'm sorry to say) We may go to hell or just simply be devoured by bacteria and be in an endless dream or go to heaven and meet Christ. Right now I'm leaning toward the scientific theory of evolution and you just stop being. You can't imagine it because you never think about it. It seems impossible, but try to compare that to the electrons that dis and re-appear that make up all "matter" This isn't quantum mechanics, but that seems impossible but it was proven fact. The "white light" people say they've seen is the last functioning brain waves your brain have for a few minutes after your heart stops (that explains that). Most "miracles" or any other religios phenomenom can be explained by science. Not to say some can't be explained. That's one man's opinion. I'd like to here others. I'm still trying to make up my mind, but that's what I believe so far.
As for this, there is a lot to be said in response to this.

First off, I respect you for having your own beliefs and having the courage to openly admit those beliefs. But before you close the door to Christianity, I ask you to take a look at a few things:

God is so great. As a Christian, I believe that He sent his son Jesus Christ to die for all of our sins. Now I know there are "scientific" explanations for Jesus' miracles...but what about the small things in life that prove God's existence. I have read several books that use science not to disprove God, but to rather show his existence. Another thing I ask you is you said that we stop existing. So does that mean we have no soul? While I understand your viewpoint, I would have to say that I KNOW FOR A FACT that I have a living soul because it tells me when I am doing something that God would not want me to do. And for the white light thing, I have read about people who have not experienced the white light, but have rather seen Hell (there was even a show about Heaven and Hell on dateline NBC on Friday the 13th lol).

Lastly, I really like how you said you want to hear from others. That tells me that you are an open-minded individual, and for that I thank God! And I ask you one thing - that you keep that open-mind and try looking for God because I guarantee that you will find Him.

I love you and I can feel the Holy Spirit as I am writing this. GOD BLESS YOU! You are truly a child of Christ!

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Forever praise Him

Please check out this website if you have any questions: http://www.gotquestions.org/archive.html
xTheLordsServantx is offline   Reply With Quote