Thread: chest aches?
View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2007, 11:43 PM  
Everglow
Awesome Poster

Everglow's Forum Picture

Default Re: chest aches?

The left side of your chest is where your heart is located and some people who suffer heart attacks do experience sharp pain in their left arm and throughout the left side of their chest. It's a good thing that your family history does not show a reoccurrence of heart failure. However, there are other issues that may arise in the heart that steam from other factors. If you can, I'd also advise you to find out your family history of high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Both high cholesterol and high blood pressure are related to heart problems, ranging from heart attack and stroke to complete heart failure. It is advised to get your blood screened along with your visit to the doctor. He/she will take your blood pressure, if it doesn’t get taken, make sure you ask it. Normal blood pressures for kids your age range between 100/50mmHg and 115/75mmHg. If your doctor believes there is a problem with yours, he/she will tell you. Your blood profile will take a couple days, as the specimen will be sent to a lab for reading and further testing. Your total cholesterol levels should be greater than 100 and less than 200.

Everglow Has Left this place for a while...or for good. Time will tell.
It was a beautiful letdown
I was trying so hard to fit in
Fit in, until I found out...
I don't belong here
Everglow is offline   Reply With Quote