View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2005, 06:12 PM  
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

Thankyou boognish for being rational and supporting.

I'll stand by my opinion - Talking about the effects of drugs positive or negative really isn't going to change your opinion.

I recognise that anyone takes drugs, and teenagers are especially prone to such risk taking behaviour, it's not the drugs fault, blame emotions like impulsivity, excitement and curiosity - all very natural emotions for a teenager.

As many teenagers do experiment in drugs, theres no use telling them "bad bad dont do it" because it's too late, they've done them or are planning to do them again. - Telling them both the positive and negative side will help reduce health risks.

Here's an example of something that happened because a girl didn't know what she was getting into.

Leah Betts took ecstacy on her 16th birthday, she was a normal teenager, and she and her friends had taken the drug before with no problems. This time Leah took one E tablet and it started to effect her when she was on her own. She got worried she would over heat and die, as it had been publisized that E makes you too hot, and you should drink water to battle that. She drink 6 litres in an hour, a day or so later she was in hospital, fighting for her life with severly diluted blood and brain damage.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote