Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2012, 10:38 PM  
Sephtyan
Member+

Sephtyan's Forum Picture

Name: Hidden
Default Re: Religion

I've seen argument after argument between Creationist and Evolutionist, and have started a few myself. Time and time again, I've seen "You can't prove evolution any more than you can prove God" put as a last resort argument. Personally, I believe that you can easily prove evolution much more fully than you can God. We can almost prove for certain that science, math and pure coincidence are what created humans, the earth, the sun, and the rest of the damn cosmos. The only thing we don't have an answer for is: "What is keeping God from existing?"

Personally, I'm agnostic for that exact reason. It seems to me that there must be SOME reason why so many people believe in God, or a god, at least. I'm not completely shoving the possibility of God's existence off the canvas, I'm just biding my time to paint with that specific colour. If someone comes along saying "I have something I think is valid proof that God exists" then I will listen. I try not to be ignorant to the possibility.

Now, I'm sure some of you who are reading this have seen me elsewhere, completely bashing those who put their faith in religion. The reason I do this is that It doesn't seem to me that they have a good reason for believing in what they do. If someone can give me a good reason why they believe in God, some solid or spiritual form of proof, then mayhap I'll change. In the meantime, I'll leave that shade of paint on the palette.

"I contend that we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you. When you understand why you dismiss all other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." Stephen F. Roberts

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." Stephen King

Pyrapisme is my co-pilot.
Sephtyan is offline   Reply With Quote