View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:58 PM  
Serenity
Banned

Name: Valerie
Default Re: why rainbows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoveAlong View Post
This is the perfect place for this kind of stuff! When this forum becomes an official forum, I want to see things like this posted here

It seems like the rainbow means something different to everybody. I don't think any gay person would know for sure, I don't know it : /
Here's what it means to me:

The rainbow is festive, and looks great at parties
Plus it also represents diversity. All colors blend to make different colors - the main red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet.
But in certain parts of the rainbow, the two colors blend to make a similar color. Blue into violet makes a bluish purple...Red into orange spices the orange up. Yellow and green makes the green much brighter. It's different, but in a way it's the same. Just like people. All colors. All blended in - similar to eachother, but not exactly the same. Still all diverse in some way.

When I wave a rainbow flag, I think of diversity. I also enjoy the colors since it looks nice! But mostly I look at it and think of how lovely that diversity is and we can still unite as one group.
Whether we're atheists and gay, Christians and gay, black and gay, Indian and gay, or white and gay, poor and gay and rich and gay (leaving the LBT community out of it because that's a hell of a long list). When it's put up as a symbol of a group, it's just that - the symbol of shared opinions and a celebration of those opinions. I guess that's a bit exaggerated, but that's what I think of it

That's what it means to me.

Not exaggerated at all, I loved your post! Very inspirational
Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote