Thread: why rainbows?
View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:40 PM  
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

Default Re: why rainbows?

This is the perfect place for this kind of stuff! When this forum becomes an official forum, I want to see things like this posted here

It seems like the rainbow means something different to everybody. I don't think any gay person would know for sure, I don't know it : /
Here's what it means to me:

The rainbow is festive, and looks great at parties
Plus it also represents diversity. All colors blend to make different colors from the main red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet. In all parts of the rainbow, it's like a spectrum. There's blended colors, and they're at different intensities and levels. But all the same in some way - they're all colors, and they're all a different part of the whole and blended from eachother. Just like people.

When I wave a rainbow flag, I think of diversity. I also enjoy the colors since it looks nice! But mostly I look at it and think of how lovely that diversity is and we can still unite as one group.
Whether we're poor or rich, gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgendered, sick or healthy, one color of the skin or another...
when it's put up as a symbol of a group, it's just that - the symbol of shared opinions and a celebration of the one thing we share as a diverse group...the pride of who we are. I guess that's a bit exaggerated, but that's what I think of it

That's what it means to me.

Last edited by MoveAlong; July 9th, 2007 at 01:05 PM.
MoveAlong is offline   Reply With Quote