View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2005, 07:47 PM  
-Silence
...La De Dah!

-Silence's Forum Picture

Name: Heather, Duh.

Let her get over her "rage". I wouldn't interfere. I agree with taking the children out of the room, but once she's in there alone and starts trashing the place..I would let her, she'll stop when she isn't getting the reaction she thinks she's going to get.

I used to volunteer at this day-care and there was a kid just like her. If he didn't get what he wanted, he went off at anyone and everyone. He would scream at the top of his lungs "fucking bitch" to whoever wasn't doing what he wanted. He was violent to anyone close to him. But as a child, it's not going to hurt a full-grown person. He trashed everything! We would just send all the kids outside, having freetime and everything and then put the kid in this room and just let him completely trash it. And he did. But after a while, he came back to normal, he was the sweetest thing when he was normal. Once he was "him" again, he apologized for everything he said and he cleaned up everything. They let him work through his anger, probably not the best thing, but there wasn't any arresting going on.

“Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.”
-Calvin & Hobbes.
-Silence is offline   Reply With Quote