View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2007, 01:15 AM  
kolte
I am: I am

kolte's Forum Picture

Name: Matt
Default Re: Michael Moore's 'Sicko'

If I had a tumor in my spinal cord, I would die. I have no health insurance. My place of employment doesn't offer it. And money is scare in my entire family, a family that is submerged in poverty. Its not the fault of my family, mostly we all have higher education. My mother is a LPN, my grandmother has multiple PHD's, My Step Father has a minor degree in some field of architecture, my brother a minor in some field of graphic design. I myself have been eying a major in sociology with interest, but not wishing to submerge myself in debt, and having failed to achieve proper educational standers, a scholarship seems laughable. Though I have been offered a small scholarship in music, and am sure I could presume it, the debt would still be immense, and with little infrastructure to help me, only myself and the wealth I appropriate, the future for me is bleak. And what if I get sick...not to mention I face neurological disease called charcot marie tooth disorder, which has nothing to do with teeth. And if this escalates, I might be financially burdened, and not to mention, the symptoms, should they persist and develop could leave me handicapped. How am I, an impoverished and uneducated youth to handle this. Well, if only there was some program petitioned by the government that would help me. I could wait until it gets so bad that I get disability or until I'm so old and crippled I'm eligible for Medicare, but you know, I think it would just suck writhing in my own agony until then. My alternatives? Move to Canada or any number of countries in Europe. Or, work to achieve socialized medicine, not to mentions the over though of the conditions which have kept health care private (capitalism).

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
kolte is offline   Reply With Quote