View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2007, 02:35 PM  
rEpReSsIoN.?
Member+

rEpReSsIoN.?'s Forum Picture

Default Re: The Bible :: Gay Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonetheycallbob View Post
NO WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT WOMEN ARE NOT EQUAL TO MEN IN THE EYES OF GOD. If you are refering to the bible counting people by number of men, and women not being treat as fairly as men, that is not god, that is just the way society was ran back then.

In the bible it does, however, specifically mention homosexuality as a sin, so we do not support it. However, in the church that i attend, gays would be welcome to come and worship with us. We are open to everyone. Funny how its bad to steotype gays, races, and others, but society widely excepts steotyping christans...
lets start:

"But if the thing is true, that the tokens of virginity were not found in the young woman, then you shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones..."
..........Deuteronomy 22:20

"For the wife does not rule over her own body, but the husband does..."
..........1 Corinthians 7:4

"As in all the churches of the saints, the women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says. If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church."
..........1 Corinthians 14:34

"For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman but woman for man."
..........1 Corinthians, 11:8

"Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness. I permit no woman to teach or have authority over men; she is to keep silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor."
..........Timothy 2:11

so why cannot gay/bi/lesbian people be equal like women in the modern church

I wanna be there when you call
I wanna catch you when you fall
I wanna be the one you need
I wanna be the one you breathe
Today’s the day we’ll fade away

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...kkkkkkkkkk.jpg
orochimaru hehehe
rEpReSsIoN.? is offline   Reply With Quote