Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2012, 05:49 AM  
Steddy95
Banned

Default Re: Religion

I believe relgion is for those who are afraid of the truth. If you can't see it now that we have evolved and that there is no creator or 'God', then I feel sorry for the impact that religion has had on you. I respect religious people but I do not under any circumstance respect religion in anyway whatsoever.
This is one of my favourtie quotes that pretty much sums of religion:
"Religion easily has the best bullshit story of all time. Think about it. Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money."
George Carlin
Yes, we don't know how the universe itself all began, but scientists are working on it and making discoveries every day. I personally beleive that the logical choice is to see the facts and evidence rather than belief what several old guys in the desert have to say about the origins of the universe.
Steddy95 is offline   Reply With Quote