View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2007, 08:18 AM  
CryingEye666
Member++

CryingEye666's Forum Picture

Default Re: Father figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Runner 4 Life View Post
Hey guys, first off, my father does provide my family well. He and my mother do live together but they dont get along. Everyday i feel im seperating from both my parents more and more.

But to the point: My dad goes to work early, comes home late. But mentaly he isnt there. On weekends he never wants to do anything with me or my sister. If i asked him what game i like to play on the computer, he wouldnt be able to answer the question. He barely even takes notice of what my friends' names are. So, i took refuge too my computer as a father figure. I know this sounds strange, but my computer is the only thing that i can do these days. My father never takes interest in me, or my mother for that matter.

Anyway, he doesnt like me being on my computer 24/7 like i always do. Not sure why, he just dosent. But im growing further and further apart from him and dont know what to do. Any suggestions?

Much love to all of VT! Greatest teen community ever!! =)

hey man, i know how you feel. me and my father dont share the same interests so me and him dont do much either. and yea im always on the computer and he doesnt like it. but i tell him, what else is there to do? i really cant do much outside. then he just stops talkin there. heh..but yea i know how you feeling man.
a quote from a movie i like (Cheaper By The Dozen 2), "Honey, the more you hang on to our kids, the more they're gona pull away".
so, basically, it should be fine right now, keep your distance from him. i wouldnt exactly suggest you do what the others said (no offense), and 'open up' to your father. i wouldnt suggest that so suddenly. like i said, just keep your distance from him for now.
thats all
CryingEye666 is offline   Reply With Quote