View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2007, 02:48 PM  
I am: I am
kolte's Forum Picture
Name: Matt
Default Re: Should Marijuana be legal?

Originally Posted by Living Receiver View Post
He said "bad" laws were meant to be broken, a philosophy I wholeheartedly agree with. The law against murder, of course, is not made to be broken, but what about a law against sunglasses? Everyone would eventually start breaking that law because of how dumb it is.
Thank you for your defense. Servant of God, if I may call you that, Don't use my phrases out of context to fuel your argument, thats character defamation, and makes me want to sling mud. If you don't want to get submerged in fire, then don't lite the match.

Marijuana, I think I have pointed out, is harmless. “Actually, marijuana law enforcement is more of a threat to the health of marijuana users then the herb itself. Every year, marijuana users die or are killed by police officers as the direct result of the enforcement.” - Health Effects, Why Marijuana Should be Legal

Legislation has been passed in more then twenty different states to allow marijuana's use as a medicine. However, Federal law preempts these statues. The feds insist that marijuana has no medical benefits, but there is ample evidence that medical marijuana works.

Forty four percent of oncologists responding to a questionnaire said they had recommended marijuana to their cancer patients. Fifty four percent said they would recommend medical marijuana if it were legal.
Several studies have clearly shown that marijuana is effective in reducing nausea and vomiting.
Patients undergoing cancer chemotherapy have found smoking marijuana to be more effective then available pharmaceutical medications, including Marinol.
Marijuana is also smoked by thousands of AIDS patients to treat the symptoms associated with both the disease and drug therapy. Because it stimulates appetite, marijuana also counters HIV related “Wasting,” allowing AIDS patients to gain weight and prolong their lives.

NOT TO MENTION hemp, or industrial marijuana has many applications.

Hemp requires no herbicides or pesticides and needs much less water then cotton. It is an extremely vigorous annual and high yielder, producing up to five tons of usable material per acre.
Hemp seed oil is a nonpolluting drying oil that can be used for pains and varnishes.
Hemp oil is valuable as a lubricant.
Hemp oil is a premier oil for human consumption containing essential fatty acids.
Hemp can be used for press board, particleboard, and core concrete construction molds. Also drywall and plywood, plastic plumbing pope, and glass fiber in surfboards and snowboards.
Paper made from hemp is acid free. It is stronger and lasts far longer then paper made from trees.
Hemp fabrics are far stronger and more resistant to mold then any other natural fiber.

Marijuana could be a 20+ billion dollar industry. America is missing out.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
kolte is offline   Reply With Quote